Akra Minoa 2018
White Dry Wine
Protected Geographical Indication Peloponnese
Grapes Varieties: Malagouzia, Monemvasia, Asproudi
Vinification: Inoculated by selected strains of dry active yeast. Fermentation in stainless steel, at low temperature (14 – 16 oC) for 15 to 20 days.
Wine description: Akra Minoa comes from the involvement of the local varieties Malagouzia, Monemvasia and Asproudi which were forgotten for the recent years. It has a remarkable aroma because of the distinguished fragrance of Malagouzia and the fruity flavours of Monemvasia and Asproudi. The combination of the climate, the soil and the wine - making technique produces a well - balanced wine of golden - yellow colour, fruity aromas and rich body.
Tasting notes: Golden - yellow colour, faromatic notes of flower, pear, apricot and citrus, excellent balance, crisp, fairly long finish.
Best Food Matching: Seafood, white sauced dishes, cheese, white meat
Serving temperature: 9 - 11 οC.
- Vinistra 2015 "The world of Malvasia" - Akra Minoa 2014 - GOLD medal
- BALKANS INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION 2015 - Akra Minoa 2014 - SILVER medal
- Concours International du vin-Thessalonique Greece 2016 - Akra Minoa 2015 - SILVER medal
- BALKANS INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION 2016 - Akra Minoa 2015 - SILVER medal
- The World of Malvasia 2016 - (Vinistra, Croatia) - Akra Minoa 2015 - SILVER medal
- Decanter Wine Awards 2016 - Akra Minoa 2015 - Commended medal
- Balkans International Wine Competition 2017 - Akra Minoa 2016 - SILVER medal
- Balcans International Wine Competition 2018 - Akra Minoa 2017- BRONZE medal
- Βalkans International Wine Competition 2019 - Akra Minoa 2017- SILVER medal